Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THAT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD

JOE DASSIN 1976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wQXYfmCro&NR=1

( A paraphrased version of the lyrics )

After we last met,
I expected you to say "bye" as usual,
But you surprised me by saying "farewell"

You have broken with me
That’s not going to change the world
The world kept turning even before we became friends
It will keep turning even after we have broken
Life will continue as before
The weather will be the same as before
Let us not speak about it.


It’s not me who has changed
It’s you who have changed.
I thought you liked me
I found it was not true.
You felt I was not the man
You thought I was.
Let us not talk about it.
Life will continue as before.
The weather will be the same as before,
The world will keep turning as before.

The world will be right
Why should it stop turning
Just because you have broken with me?
The weather will be right
Why should it change
Just because you have broken with me?
You are right,
What's wrong in your breaking with me
If you don't like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment