Sunday, October 16, 2011

MY FREEDOM, I HAVE BETRAYED YOU FOR THE LOVE OF A WOMAN

MY FREEDOM

GEORGES MOUSTAKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-fs6VBPTxc

My freedom
I cared for you for a long time
Like a rare pearl.

My freedom
It was you who helped me
To cross the waves
To go wherever I wanted
Till the end of the world of adventure
To collect on my return
A rose of the wind
From a ray of moonshine


My freedom
I was your slave
My freedom
I gave you everything you demanded
How much I deprived myself
To keep you happy
To satisfy your demands
I gave up friends
To win your love.


My freedom
You knew my habits
You even made me love loneliness
You taught me to smile after every adventure
You protected me
When I hid myself
To help my wounds heal.


My freedom,
Yet, I have left you
I have deserted you
And left the road that we travelled together
I have betrayed you
For the love of a woman
For her beautiful prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment